Thursday, March 4, 2010

Latest music news: Mika performing at Glastonbury.

Some tweets abt it:

buffystar @glastowatch Mika for Glastonbury on Radio 2 fuck bollocks crap poo I could go on....

chris_hirons Please! please! please! please! can Mica NOT go to Glasto this year....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GlastoWatch Someone out there must like Mika. Everyone else seems to want to drop him down the Longdrops if he turns up at Glasto.

Rodimus_Prime @GlastoWatch. Yep, I'll stick my neck out. Mika is actually one of the better confirmations so far. There, I said it.

al_green *Shudders* Mika at Glasto. Revel in the campness if you must... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDJhtlu2QDo

My tweets abt it:

melissa31291 @GlastoWatch Mika is an amazing artist.But I do think Mika and Glastonbury don't go tgt.Like how Gaga and Glasto didn't go too well tgt.

melissa31291 Yeah seriously #letsbereal Mika does not go well with #glasto.

Glasto is an indie alternative festival. Oasis is one of those “traditional” Glasto bands. Jay-Z’s headlining two years ago was not received well by most. But the crowd did go mad for him. Lady Gaga’s set at Glasto was just weird. She was playing to a bunch of crazy indie fellas who didn’t shower in a few days and were covered in mud, and were there for good ol’ rock n roll and Arctic Monkeys, and all those other alt bands. Her conical bra that shot out fire was just bizarre in those circumstances. Wrong crowd man. Just like how Mika’s “happy” pop doesn’t mix well with Glasto.

Don’t get me wrong, its been my dream to go to Glasto. It still is. One day, I’ll be there. But in my humble opinion, Mika’s music doesn’t fit with the Glasto spirit. But who am I to say anything right..? Since I’ve never been there, I’m not even English.

But Mika still pwns okay? I’m still a huge fan of his.

No comments: